Pinterest

For unique Bridal and Prom Accessories click on my website below:

Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 1

Fit for Downton Abbey


OK... I know it's not real... and it's only a TV programme... but I am soooooooooo excited about Mary marrying Matthew in Downton Abbey, and when I came across the wonderful brooch to the middle of the posy - I built a Downton Abbey themed posy around it.
Hope you like it as much as I do!



I have used both vintage and antique jewellery, buttons and dress trim in it's construction.
The central brooch is left unfixed to the bouquet (so that you can unpin it each year and wear it on your anniversary, or other special occassions, to remind you of your special day).
There is a small gold glass button to the centre of each rose. 




A real silver thread, dress trim, from the 1930's edges each rose and over time this trim has gained a wonderful goldish patina. Mother of pearl buttons and clear glass buttons fill any gaps.
This is a very special, one of a kind, posy - just waiting for a "Mary" to marry her "Matthew" in true Downton Abbey Style!

Only one of me in the whole wide world!
£75.00 from http://folksy.com/shops/bloominglovely


No comments:

Post a Comment