Pinterest

For unique Bridal and Prom Accessories click on my website below:

Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, September 17

Mmmmmm Curry to die for!!

 
I had to share this really, easy, peasy, limey, squeezy, recipe with you
- which makes the most gorgeous curry.
 
 
You will need:
 
500gm Butternut Squash (also nice wth pumpkin)
400gm nice, big, mampy, raw tiger prawns
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 Tblsp Sunflower
1 garlic clove, crushed
50 pence pice size of ginger, grated
1 Red Chilli, seeded and chopped
1 Tsp ground corriander
2 Tsp tumeric
2 Tsp light brown sugar
400mls fish stock
400ml coconut milk
1 lime for zest & juice
 
Fry the onions in for about 5 minutes. Then add ginger, garlic, chilli and all the spices and cook for 1 minute whilst stirring.
Add the butternut squash and give it a good stir so that all the pieces are covered in the spice mixture.
Slowly pour in and stir the coconut milk and fish stock. Add the sugar and grate the zest of the lime into the pan.
Bring to the boil and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Add the prawns and cook for five minutes.
Stir in the juice of the lime to taste.
Garnish with some chopped fresh coriander. I used the coriander that I had grown in the garden this year :-)
Just looking at that last photo makes me think I should get into the shed while the weather is still fine and sort out all the kindling into bundles ready for the woddburner in winter.
Collected most of it whilst out walking Harry in the woods. Promised myself I would collect a shedful this year and I'm nearly there!
Winter...Brrrr.... cold just thinking about it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment