Pinterest

For unique Bridal and Prom Accessories click on my website below:

Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 21

Red and Gold hearts

 Making some more Christmas decorations. These are made from Fimo clay which air dries, so no need to bother with heating it/cooking it etc.
I rolled out the fimo clay onto a piece of greaseproof paper and then cut out the heart shapes with a cookie cutter.
I made a hole in the top of each one to thread my hanging ribbon/wire through and left them to dry. On two of them I made a small indenation (not going all the way through) so that I can add a pretty button (and shank) later.

 
When they had dried I painted them with some left over sample paint I had in a deep red colour.
I painted both sides and when dry, lay some odd scraps of lace ontop of them
 
I then sprayed the surface with gold paint and lifted off the lace. Some lace works better than others. I experiemented until i found a particular pattern that i liked and then used this "Fan" piece of lace to do most of them.
 
 
then I added some buttons and thin ribbon to hang.
 
I'm going to add these to some of my parcels this year, but they look equally as good as a tree/home decoration.
Thinking they would look great for a wedding gold or silver on white/ivory background??
Go share the love!
For a Nordic looking theme with this idea,
leave the hearts white and spray the lace red :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment